Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Party Food at Our House

Had fun party last night with 52 people--great weather in the sunroom & on the deck.  The Menu was items from the different places my husband & I have lived.  The Edible Spoons were wildly acclaimed! (see last item on the menu)


Menu from Bill & Carol’s Sojourns


St. Louis
 Toasted Ravioli
Seasoned Oyster Crackers

Phoenix
Carol’s 90% Lean Southwest Salami
Layered Dip

Jakarta
Frikadel
Chili Lime Shrimp

Singapore
Papaya
Star Fruit
Pineapple
Edible Orchids

Carol’s Kitchen Darien
Edible Spoons with Tilapia poached in green salsa & white wine, topped with cilantro & mango salsa


7 comments:

  1. Carrie QuartuccioMay 14, 2011 at 3:15 PM

    Your party food looked and sounded awesome! Chris and I love to entertain as well. I didn't realize that the seasoned oyster crackers were a St. Louis thing, I thought it was a Quartuccio thing...now I know it is one in the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you got the spoons! They're such a great idea...I hope your guests loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we did love those spoons and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Delish! Sorry couldn't make it. You should open a restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your parties rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful party! I ate my way through the room. The toasted ravioli and tilapia were delicious! Chuck said it was the best pineapple he has ever eaten. Thanks Carol and Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food at Carol and Bill's parties is always fantastic, however this year they really outdid themselves. The edible spoons were my favorite, a close tie with the fried mozzarella! As you can see the presentation was also fabulous.

    ReplyDelete