Saturday, June 11, 2011

Two People & a Turkey Breast

If you are only cooking for one or two---consuming an entire turkey breast does not have to be boring!  We just cut into the breast the other day and used in as the main meat in a deli sandwich.

The next day I made up a walnut pesto (the basil in the kitchen window was growing out of control)--using walnuts instead of pine nuts really boosts the healthy Omega-3 & Omega-6 essential fatty acids.  I spread the pesto on whole wheat wraps and topped with turkey, fresh tomato, & sprouts---yum!

Today I'm making Turkey Reuben Sandwiches---so we have completely new flavor sensation.
 Tomorrow is turkey salad with grapes and walnuts---toast the walnuts and let them cool before putting into the salad---it really brings out a wonderful flavor---and again---more of those healthy Omega essential fatty acids.

Do you have any favorite ways to utilize turkey???

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm kind of basic, but I love turkey breast, spicy mustard and a touch of mayo with crisp, cold iceberg lettuce on grainy, multi-grain bread. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ideas for turkey breast sound great. I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuuum! I LOVE chicken salad and fruit.....and the addition of TOASTED walnuts sounds awesome, Carol. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like walnuts on just about everything!

    One of my favorite ways to eat turkey/chicken is on baby spinach leaves with strawberries/pineapple/apples and a light thousand island dressing on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the 3 fruits and baby spinach---we still have turkey breast left---and that is the next incarnation--THANKS!

    ReplyDelete